Gated communities are turning out to be among the safest places to live in most states in America. It is because of the high-security features found within a gated community compared to non-gated estates. In gated communities, residents of the community have a controlled access point. With the controlled access to the community, it is more difficult for potential security risks to enter.
In addition to improved security, gated community residents enjoy the presence of social amenities. You don’t have to worry about finding a gym club or a swimming pool when living in modern gated communities. These social amenities are likely to be available in these communities. These amenities foster group activities, which are vital in promoting social culture in our societies. Below is a detailed discussion on the various types of access control systems present in a gated community.
1. Intercom Systems
An intercom is an intercommunication device that acts as a door phone to communicate within a building. Intercom systems support two-way communication between individuals, typically a resident and their visitors. The intercom device has circuitry that allows the transmission of audio and video signals between two communicating parties.
Homeowners are investing in intercom systems to control who enters their premises. It is a modern approach to improving security measures. Most systems come with an easy to use application that you can install on your smartphone.
Intercom system comes with the following features:
• Video Calling – You can see who is at the gate before letting them in.
• It comes with a swipe to open feature. You don’t have to exit your house to open the gate for your guests. You can swipe to open the gate and house the main door from the comfort of your couch.
• Voice controls – You can speak over the phone for the gate to open and allow your guest.
• It keeps a record of gate releases, capturing the date, timestamps, and the photo of who had access to your house. It is a critical feature, especially when you want to monitor who came to visit your family members in your absence.
• Property managers can add or remove residents accessing the property by issuing or withdrawing virtual keys and access PINs.
• Property managers can also use the system via the app to update the tenants’ directory.
It is a convenient access point measure that any gated community may wish to invest in.
2. Doorking Control Systems
Doorking control systems offer customizable access solutions to American homeowners and property managers looking to control community access. Unlike other control systems, Doorking accommodates a wide range of access devices.
The system offers:
i. An automated gate system that will control the number of vehicles and people entering the community.
ii. Controlled access to apartment complexes and gated homes.
iii. Doorking control systems will make the property value before the eyes of interested buyers.
Doorking control system is available in different types:
i. Multi-door access controllers
ii. Telephone entrance controls for large, medium-sized, and small communities.
iii. Vehicle barrier gates, traffic spikes, and signage for controlling vehicle traffic within the community.
iv. Magnetic locks.
v. Gate operators.
vi. Key switches for your doors.
vii. Gate and door card readers.
viii. Power backup systems, and many more.
Doorking control systems are growing in popularity among American homeowners and property managers because of the following features:
• Vehicle recognition- This enables you to have seamless access when driving towards your vehicle gate.
• Easy to install apps on your android smartphones. It enables its users to have easy security system management from wherever they are.
• Availability of solar options. You can have a solar panel at your gate operator to ensure restricted access to the property even when there is no electricity.
• Power backup systems that keep your security management in place even when there is a power blackout.
3. Liftmaster Control Systems
Liftmaster control solution gives you full control of the number and type of people and vehicles accessing your community. The control systems are ideal for a gated community, as well as an apartment or condo.
Liftmaster control systems come in different options that allow property managers and owners to manage their access points.
i. Battery backup systems that ensure your security control plans are effective even in the absence of electricity.
ii. High-rise solutions- A modern community entrance control system that allows you to manage a community’s operations from wherever you are. This type of control system is ideal for property managers managing apartments with high traffic.
iii. Gate safety solutions- It ensures that your residents enjoy full protection from intruders and keeps your gate in the whole operation. It comes with a fully integrated gate operator devices.
iv. myQ business Option- This is a cloud-based access managing system suitable for property managers in controlled communities and commercial facilities.
This option is becoming popular among American homeowners, businesses, and controlled communities for the following reasons:
• It ensures there is no downtime. It signals an automatic alert when its due for maintenance.
• It guarantees a higher protection level by keeping a record of all the activities at the property entrance. The information is accessible anytime there is a need.
• For business premises, get real-time notifications whenever your business door is left open for an abnormal time.
• Easy monitoring, even when you are not within the business facility and in your community.
• Your business data and resident information are safeguarded in the cloud. With strong passwords, you don’t have to worry about data loss. Your database is safe on the cloud storage.
• The application has a guest management feature. With this feature, you and your residents can customize your guests’ list for easy access to the property.
Keep an eye on your controlled community happenings by installing Liftmaster control systems.
4. Nimbio Control System
Nimbio is a smartphone enabled access control system offering complete control access to gated communities, homes, and apartments. It transforms any electronic gate to a smart gate, making it possible to control access to a gated community with any smartphone. It also provides keyless, contact-free entry for your electronic gate.
With this type of access control system, security is ensured by elliptic curve cryptography. Nimbio does not replace the present gate functionality but adds additional capabilities. This means that after you install the Nimbio box, your existing entry mechanisms (clickers, fobs, etc.) will continue to function as expected.
Advantages of Using Nimbio
i. You can use it remotely. It operates over the internet via the Nimbio app, and thus you can control guest access to your home from any location.
ii. No internet is required. You do not have to worry if a gate has Wi-Fi or Ethernet access. Every Nimbio device contains a cellular modem that provides a stable internet connection.
iii. The Nimbio control system continues to operate even if he call box is damaged. As long as the gate operator remains undamaged, it will function as usual.
iv. It enables creating an unlimited number of keys and allows you to share keys with family members or friends.
v. Communities do not have to incur an extra cost of installing a new gate to use Nimbio. You can place the Nimbio system on top of your current gate solution. All the other existing systems continue to function normally.